When To Use an Encapsulated Electric Motor – Here’s What You Need To Know
Encapsulated motors are beneficial for many technical reasons, and they help run things like water pumps and other items that may be exposed to water and moisture. It also works with electrified motor vehicles. Its design is robust and versatile to use in many instances. In this piece, we discuss an encapsulated electric motor and its features.
What Is an Encapsulated Motor?
Before understanding all the uses, let’s first touch on an encapsulated motor. Encapsulated electric motors can run irrigation systems, residential lights, commercial industry line shaft turbine pipes, and more.
What Are the Features of an Encapsulated Electric Motor?
- Pressure equalizing diaphragm – Used to regulate the pressure of aerated aquaria and certain medical devices.
- Filter check valve – Check valves help prevent liquid drainage and avoid mixing different chemicals.
- Built-in lightning arrestors – Redirect the flow of the lightning current without damaging the equipment connected to the encapsulating pump.
- Sand fighter slinger – The sand fighter slinger can manage sandy conditions with high debris and dust.
Some encapsulated electrical motors also, in addition, contain:
- A stainless-steel spline shaft
- A Kingsbury Thrust Bearing
- Anti-track self-healing NEMA pump dimensions
- Voltages in three phases namely 200V, 230V, 380V, 575V, 60Hz, 460/380V, 60/50Hz
When Should You Use an Encapsulated Electric Motor?
Encapsulated electrical motors are used in EV (electric vehicle) and HEV (hybrid electric vehicle) technology. Vacuum-type encapsulated casing allows for superior protection and better performance of these vehicles.
Some performance improvements include reduced vibrations and shock and ultimate protection against moisture and water.
Motors are used alongside other machinery to power the machine to function. It is used when the product is used on water, like irrigation. The pumps must be used in a well-irrigated area.
Top-End Encapsulated Motor Brands
Look for brands you can trust when sourcing quality electrified encapsulated motors and professional irrigation companies to help with setup and installation. Professionals can provide exclusive brands like Franklin Electric, Reinke, Nelson Irrigation Corporation, Sunrotor Solar Products, Siemens, Greenleaf Incorporated, and lots more.
Are you looking for an irrigation system service? Look no further. B&M Pump Irrigation Sales & Services in New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, and Texas. We specialize in trenching, center pivot service, solar-well service, irrigation service design, well drilling, and more.
Get in touch with us, and let us introduce you to some superior encapsulated pumps and a variety of irrigation solutions.
Categorised in: Irrigation