Tips for a Lush Lawn
Every homeowner wants to have a lush, green, verdant lawn that shows off how beautiful their property is. But this is no easy feat during the hot and dry Texas summers. It’s all too easy for the lawn to become filled with brown, dead grass that isn’t very attractive or inviting.
Luckily, you can achieve a beautiful lawn through careful preparation and by taking advantage of some of the professional tips below. One of the keys is using smart irrigation in Texas to keep your lawn looking great without wasting water. Read on to find out the experts’ leading tips for lawn maintenance:
- Blade height: Leaving your lawn mower’s blade height a bit higher has surprising benefits. When you cut grass too short, this will make it weaker. Longer grass will be thicker and less prone to weeds, which won’t be able to germinate as easily. Most grasses should be left at about 2.5 inches, though check with your local nursery to verify.
- Adjust soil pH: The level of acidity in your lawn is important in relation to how it appears. Take samples of pH levels around the lawn to see if it’s too high or too low, with the acceptable midrange being 6.0 to 7.2. Adding lime will raise the pH, and iron is effective at lowering it.
- Lawn products: Don’t use those lawn products like fertilizer and weed killer right away. Instead, leave them open in a large, resealable bag for a while so that they soak up moisture. This will ensure that the products are free of clumps when you decide to use them.
- Using preemergent herbicide: You want to stop crabgrass before it starts. That means using a preemergent herbicide in the spring. This herbicide will keep seeds from previous years from germinating. Once you’ve done this, you won’t have to deal with crabgrass down the line.
- Smart irrigation: This harnesses the power of technology for more efficient lawn care. Landscape irrigation is responsible for a large percentage of all water usage, and up to 50 percent of this water is wasted. Smart irrigation avoids this water waste through customized watering schedules that meet outdoor needs and improve efficiency. They do this through testing weather, soil conditions and evaporation to determine when and where is best to release water.
Are you looking to install a smart irrigation system in Texas? Then it’s time to talk to the experts at B&M Pump Irrigation Sales & Service, Inc. We’re the Southwest’s leader when it comes to everything from irrigation system design to pump systems and well service. We strive to educate owners and operators on making pumps and motors last longer and work more efficiently.
Our team of talented technicians has been helping home and business owners throughout the region for nearly 20 years. We handle all of your irrigation needs and work with all major brands. Contact us right now to learn more about our services and receive a free quote. We look forward to working with you soon!
Categorised in: Irrigation